The team here at CARRcrete have an extensive background within the concrete polishing industry and are widely regarded as leaders and innovators within the field. There’s no denying that a concrete surface can look stunning when polished and one of the most appealing aspects about them is that no two are the same. Using our vast professional knowledge, we’ve mastered the process of turning roughly laid concrete slabs into smooth, tactile and visually stunning floors that our clients love. Polishing concrete floors really is our passion.
Not only are they a stylish and attractive flooring option, but our floors offer some of the most durable and reliable solutions for a plethora of different locations and applications. Our team jokes that they've forgotten more about concrete grinding and polishing than our competitors have ever managed to learn. Maybe that's why so many of our customers return time and time again? We like to think it's either that or our hardworking ethos and dedication to customer service and our enthusiasm for the concrete polishing process as a whole.
Please do take the time to read through our website, it’s our aim to help you through the pros and cons of opting for this low maintenance and durable flooring choice from first idea, to deciding the right choice of finish for you, installation and of course choosing the right concrete polishing experts. For these and other questions that may arise, you might find it helpful to read our full Polished Concrete Guide, which you can find here.
CARRcrete Are The Friendly, Family Run Company
Our experts work hard to ensure the concrete floors we provide are the most long-lasting creations on the market today. Still not sure whether to have your floor polished? Why not take a look at some of our reviews and testimonials? Our previous clients are always impressed by the results we manage to create, and many of them return to us time and time again to experience our unique InfinityFloor polishing process. When we polish concrete we do so with care, attention and the highest level of expertise.
"Dave is a complete professional who exudes enthusiasm for his product. He completed the works laying and working the product with care and precision. We are highly satisfied with our floor, and it fits perfectly with the look style we were after. It is hard wearing and easy to maintain. We love it. Thanks, Dave and Simone."Frank and Jules Mitchell
One of the best things about choosing decorative concrete surfaces is that the finished product is hard-wearing and offers a good level of slip-resistance. That makes them perfect for warehouses, garages, factories, hospitals, and many other working environments. There are no epoxy coatings to replace, no paint to reapply, no lacquers to sand and renew. The overall long term costs associated with polished concrete is significantly lower than other flooring options that utilise these mediums, which inevitably will need to be renewed periodically.
Our floors offer first-class abrasion resistance, and we always give customers relevant aftercare regarding the best cleaning methods to ensure your concrete remains in the best condition possible. Are you considering one of our concrete floors for a residential environment? If you choose to combine one of our creations with a modern underfloor heating solution, it's possible that you could create a warm and comfortable environment for your family. Utilising polished concrete in a kitchen or downstairs bathroom is a very popular and practical option.
At CARRcrete today, we use an innovative and unique system designed by our team which is considerate of their vast experience, grinding and polishing thousands of square metres of polished concrete flooring over our many years in business. Our InfinityFloor system is a premium process for mechanically grinding and then polishing the surface of the concrete with diamond abrasives, which permanently hone the surface to produce different levels of aggregate. It is the combination of this abrasion with chemical reactions from our concrete densifier, that makes for such a hard wearing surface.
“Great service from CARRcrete via phone. Unfortunately, our concrete hadn’t been laid exactly to specification, so there were a few hiccups! Also, there were too many miles between us for CARRcrete guys to pop round and review the situation!! But the floor was polished to a high standard, and we love it!”Sue Bickerton
We then smooth down the surface using either wet polishing or dry polishing with progressively finer diamond grit tools to deliver a refined polished concrete surface that can be either matt, satin or gloss in appearance. So, our team can usually create something stunning for you, regardless of your situation or requirements. You just need to get in touch to start the ball rolling as soon as possible.
CARRcrete InfinityFloor Offers Greater Potential
The InfinityFloor system currently offers our customers and clients three awesome finishes. They include Cream, Salt & Pepper, and Stone. Some require diamond grinding and some do not.
InfinityFloor Cream is the smooth cloud-like floor that shows the swirls created by a power trowel when the concrete slab is laid and often looks like a huge sheet of natural stone. That is an extremely popular finish where diamond polishing is our biggest task and if you want to learn more, please do contact a member of our team for information.
InfinityFloor Salt & Pepper is an industrial-looking concrete flooring finish and often used for garage floors where the concrete is gently ground to reveal the sand and fines stone. A polished concrete garage floor looks absolutely stunning although this is also a popular choice if you’re wanting to create a rustic and organic appearance to your floor at home too.
InfinityFloor Stone is almost terrazzo-like in appearance where the surface is heavily ground to expose the aggregates. This grinding and polishing process makes for a stunningly pleasing finish and is often used for residential polished concrete. We grind at least 2mm of flooring material away using coarse grit abrasives to cut deep into the slab and expose the aggregate as required before polishing with resin bond diamond tools. No matter what circumstances you face and which goals you need to achieve, CARRcrete is the only supplier and specialist in the UK you will ever need to call.
Benefits of polished concrete
There are many benefits our clients experience after they’ve selected the polished concrete flooring solution that’s right for them. Those advantages will differ based on the nature of the area in which the floor is laid and used. For instance, those choosing polished concrete in homes and other residential settings can expect:
- Cost savings: Polished concrete flooring is much more cost effective than many of the alternative solutions available on the market today. When you consider that it could last around five or more times longer than the average carpet or laminate, it becomes clear that we offer the best deal on the market today. Grinding an existing floor can give it a new lease of life without it having to be replaced completely.
- Longer life: Polished floors will not require regular replacements as they're durable and always stand the test of time, this makes it a more environmentally friendly solution. Most people replace their carpets every three or four years because they become stained or damaged. That is not something you will ever have to stress about if you choose our polished concrete solutions with our range of advanced protective sealers.
- Low maintenance: There is no need to worry about dust, dirt, or grime because you can wipe it away with ease when you select polished concrete flooring. Our team will provide you with maintenance and aftercare information on completion of your floor. Most of the cleaning and maintenance for a polished concrete surface revolves around a dry dust mopping with a weekly wet mop as you would expect. After polishing, we'll cover the entire area with a protective seal, which will give you extra stain resistance in busy areas.
- Flexibility: As mentioned only a moment ago, we like to provide our customers and clients with plenty of choices. That is why our polished concrete floors come in three different finishes right now. If you have any special requests or requirements, please speak to us about it! Our team is always around to answer the phone, have a chat and answer your questions. Polished concrete is suitable for use with underfloor heating systems.
Concrete Flooring Benefits For Commercial And Retail Applications
- Cost savings: Again, the cost of a polished concrete floor over time will never be as much as some of the other flooring options available to you such as epoxy, natural stone or resin floors.
- More resistance to foot traffic: Business owners and retailers need something strong and stable underfoot that won't become damaged as thousands of people walk on the surface. Our polished concrete floors are perfect because your customers won't create dents or damage as they move through your store unlike other softer coatings. Slip resistance on concrete floors is very good.
- Less maintenance: Just imagine how long it might take for someone to vacuum a carpet covering the entire of your retail store or warehouse; not ideal for commercial floors. It could take a week, and then you’d need to start again almost straight away. Our polished concrete floors are easy to maintain, and you just need to keep them clean and give them a buff from time to time.
- Resistance to moisture: In commercial environments, moisture can become an issue. That is especially the case if you have lots of customers who walk into your premises after traipsing through snow and other adverse weather conditions. Polished concrete is more resistant to those wet feet than other surfaces and we have other ideas to help you if this is a concern to you and your business.
- High reflectivity: When you select a floor surface for your premises, style is often just as important as functionality. We understand that, and that's why our polished concrete solutions can provide high reflectivity if desired. Commercial/Industrial flooring should help to reflect the light from your ceiling to ensure the space always looks as bright and attractive, it could even help to save on lighting costs long term!
- No hazardous floor coatings: Lots of people who own factories and warehouses worry about choosing a floor that may contain dangerous materials. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that some chemicals could cause issues in instances of fire or flood. Polished concrete is nothing more than rough slabs made smooth using our specialist techniques. So, our clients never have to worry about dangerous and potentially harmful chemicals.
Applications for polished concrete
Our polished concrete floors are ideal for many different applications and environments. We're always on the lookout for new areas in which our floors could come in handy, and so we welcome enquiries from places not mentioned on this list. In most instances, customers and clients select polished concrete for:
- Warehouses: Polished concrete has a high level of compressive strength and can handle a lot of weight without becoming damaged. That makes it perfect for warehouses and factories.
- Retail stores: Adding concrete flooring to a retail store is a brilliant idea because maintenance costs are low and it is a fantastic blank canvas for displaying any product for sale.
- Hotels: Many hotels choose polished concrete floors for their lobbies and entrance halls. It helps to make the environment appear clean and tidy. Also, those suitcase wheels being used daily won’t cause damage.
- Office buildings: When you have 100 or more people swivelling around on their chairs, you need a flooring solution much stronger than carpet or tiles. Polished concrete is a top choice because it will last many years, even with those chair swivellers doing their worst and the heaviest photocopiers making it their home!
- Car showrooms: Car dealers know that a shiny concrete floor is the best way to showcase their latest luxury models.
- Private homes: Use polished concrete in kitchens, entrance halls, downstairs bathrooms, and garages for a look that’s practical, stylish and unique.
Some people do have concerns when it comes to cleaning and maintaining their polished concrete floor. That worry is unfounded, concrete is easy to clean and there is no need to stress. Keeping your floor looking brand new is much easier than most people imagine, and you won’t require any special tools to create the best results, just a couple of microfibre mops to keep the surface free of debris and dust and maintain the sheen and gloss level you require. Dirt and tiny stones brought in from outside on our shoes can be abrasive to your floor and to this end, we recommend barrier mats in combination with our mopping regime.
On top of that, please don’t forget stain protection is a big concern to us too. We help protect all of our floors with a premium stain resistor which works hand in hand with a chemical hardener that we use in all instances. This combination of hardener and sealer reduces the risk of accidental damage and keeps staining to a minimum. The maintenance process is straightforward, and those in commercial premises won’t have to retrain their cleaning staff to accommodate this flooring choice.
Dave CARR Is A Consummate Professional
Dave Carr and his on-site team of polishing professionals are highly-skilled and knowledgeable in all things related to concrete. Indeed, it has been said that our hands on team live for concrete! Dave Carr is truly an innovator in his field and following years of commitment to this industry is the designer and creator of all of our highly-advanced concrete products.
These include our high-strength, rapid hardening grouts, patch fillers, and our range of PROtop and PROtop Loft toppings which are the most advanced and most environmentally-friendly micro-concrete overlay products currently available today. Dave oversees all of our site work and is often hands on himself so you never know, you may even get our main man working on your floor when you book with us!
Backing Dave up is Simone Murrin who is our Contracts Manager. Simone has a wealth of knowledge within the concrete industry and is the direct liaison for all our clients, from inception to project completion. Simone’s small, friendly team prepares all of the estimates, quotes and contracts to ensure projects run as smoothly as humanly possible and are always there to answer any questions or queries you may have along the way.
Many customers claim their questions are never answered and their concerns never addressed when they contact other firms. We’ve had a few clients over the years inform us how a rival company have performed a terrible job and left them with a floor that wasn’t fit for purpose. We guarantee that will never happen when you choose CARRcrete as your polished concrete flooring specialist. Our attention to detail and work ethic is second to none, and we will always keep you fully informed before, and during the polishing process.
We’re not saying that concrete doesn’t have it’s flaws; a concrete substrate is an imperfect medium to work with. However, we’re here to guide you right from the start even before the concrete is laid. If you are in a position where you have encountered a few problems or you have an existing floor that needs some work, do speak to you you’d be amazed at what we can achieve! Existing floors will often require a diamond grind but we’ll be happy to advise about this on an individual basis.
Do take a look at the portfolio we publish on this website if you want to see some of our finished jobs and maybe get some inspiration regarding the finishes you like the most! It contains just a small selection of some of the hundreds of concrete floors we’ve polished during the last few years but all of the work is our own and has genuinely been undertaken by our teams. All our contact details are available via this site, we’re happy to speak with you if you need more information about a portfolio post you’ve seen.
Click over to our contact page and start the ball rolling on your new floor today. Simone and our team will ask the right questions and ensure we gather all the correct information to provide a quote and set the wheels in motion for you. We can also let you know about our availability, what is involved and how long your job will take.
If you want to save some time, it’s helpful to us if you could take some measurements of your space before picking up the phone. For larger commercial or industrial projects, we’ll be happy send a representative as part of our services for your project.
Are These Articles By Our Team Helpful?
- Polished Concrete Guide
- How Do I Get Polished Concrete?
- What Do Polished Concrete Floors Cost?
- The Concrete And Underfloor Heating Guide
- What Colour Is Concrete?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Soft Concrete Is Bad To Polish
- Can You Polish A Floor Screed?
- About Cheap Polished Concrete
- Protect Your Concrete Floor Surface
- CARRcrete InfinityFloor System
- Power Trowelled Concrete Floors